Thursday, February 9, 2012

SEESUZGO


This cute old lady is my grandmother (please excuse my semi-intoxicated smile, this was a photobooth photo taken at my sister's wedding). She is the only grandma I know that owns a pair of purple uggs and hot pink tennis shoes. She is 84, 85 in October, but you wouldn't really know it. She drags me to the mall frequently and is a busy body almost every day of the week. Even though she is a BIG pain in the butt (don't let her sweet looks fool you) I love her.

It has been 6 years since my grandpa died, which is so unbelievably crazy because I could have sworn it was just yesterday that he was here. I miss him and think about him everyday, but it just reminds me to appreciate the family I do have- even the ones who may sort of be a pain.

When I was 3 years old we moved in with my grandparents while my current house was being built. Being young and getting to live with not only your immediate family, but also your grandparents was the best thing a little girl could hope for! I lived there until I was 5, but after we moved out I never stopped going there. I spent a lot of the nights with my grandma and grandpa "in the blue house" (my parents used to differentiate my grandparents by the colors of their houses- grandpa in the blue house and grandpa in the green house haha). To this day I still spend the night with my grandma, and last year I basically lived here because my school was so close to her house. Even though she drives me crazy, I do enjoy being able to spend time with her and I'm thankful that I still have a grandparent to hang out with.

My grandmas house is a blue ranch. When I think of comfort, I think of this house. There are all sorts of different mismatched furniture and little trinkets around the house and there are always 4 kitties who greet you when you walk through the door. My grandma has 1 female cat, and 3 male cats- Callie, Hilton, Grouchy, and then there is Gus.

Gus is the weirdest cat. But I love him so much, and I am not even really a cat person. I can always count on him to keep me company when I stay at my grandmas, in fact he is laying on me right now while I am trying to type this.


Cutest cat ever right? 
Please note his permanent little dirt stash :-) 



Anyways, I just felt like dedicating a post to my grandmother. My crazy grandma, whom I love. 

*The blog post title is my grandma's license plate "see susie go". My grandpa made it up for her a while back. 


No comments: