Sunday, December 18, 2011

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN

There is officially one week until Christmas! As always, I am very exited. We already started off the season right with all of our traditions!
Our entire family (on mom's side) always goes to some sort of Christmas show. In the past we have gone to the Rockettes at the Fox Theatre, White Christmas at the Fox Theatre, The Christmas Carol at Meadowbrook Theatre, and Plaid Tidings at the Gem Theatre in Detroit. We had such a blast last year, that we decided to visit the Gem Theatre again this year to see All Night Strut- a Christmas musical.
We always start off the day by meeting at grandpas to visit with the family, then we head to the theatre. The Gem is a smaller theatre, but very nice!



When we get there, there is a little bar and seating area. The family always gets a few refreshments and visits and takes pictures! Then we head into the theatre (we have had the first row two years in a row!). This year's show, All Night Strut, which was a musical and they were very talented!


After the show we head back to grandpa's again, where we eat dinner and visit some more!

Another holiday tradition we always do is baking cookies! It's only mom, my sister, and me, but it is very fun. We make sugar cookies and decorate them- which always proves to be a laugh because our decorating skills aren't always the greatest.


We will be doing our decorating this week, just in time for Christmas!

Yesterday, we went shopping. Mom and I met Niki at the mall, which wasn't so bad at first...but around noon it got crazy! Lots of last minute shoppers! We did get almost all of our shopping done. I'm pretty excited about my Christmas list this year :-). I'm most excited about the Fossil purse, Fossil watch, and Kindle Fire.





I can't wait!

This week I have to finish up with two classes- Intro to Logic and World Civilizations. On Monday I have to take two exams, which I am not too excited about but I AM relieved to finish up the fall semester!
In fact right now I am supposed to be studying, but as always I am distracting myself. Right now, my friend, Carrissa, and I are currently in a war, where we are both trying to come up with as many famous names that you can insert "Quinn" into (Quinn is her 6 month old daughter :-) ).



It is day two, and it's starting to get ridiculous.

Tomorrow, after my exams, we will be having another craft day! I'm sure we will be updating our craft blog (Oh, How Crafty!) so make sure you check it out!

Hope everyone is enjoying their holidays!

No comments: