Friday, March 2, 2012


Well this was technically my third trip to Mississippi- my first trip was in November for a weekend visit, the second trip was in the end of December through the beginning of January, and now I'm back!
First of all, I was FINALLY happy with my flights this time- everything went smoothly and everything was on time! My first two travels to Mississippi were a little rocky, I had delays both times :-(

So, when I arrived at the Memphis Airport, I was welcomed with sunny, beautiful weather! My first day here was nearly 80 degrees! A welcomed change from the 30 degree weather in Michigan.

When I arrived, we took a nap and then went out for a nice dinner at O'Charley's (a place I fell in love with during my first visit) where we ate out on the patio- I was in a short-sleeved shirt and capris, I would like to add!

I was also super excited to see Winston, Jake's little mutt puppy! He is getting so big!

I apologize for the crappy cellphone quality, and the mess! But this is Winston, my little baby. 
He was awesome company for the days Jake had to work, and a very good cuddle-bug at night.

The morning after my arrival, we went to a huge mall in Memphis to get Jake's watch sized (I got him a Fossil watch for Valentine's Day). 
Jake did awesome while picking out my Valentine's Day gift! He surprised me with three stuffed animals, a big box of chocolates, a giant sucker, a chocolate rose, the movie Breaking Dawn Part 1. He also got me a pair of Ray-Ban Sunglasses!

I loved everything!

The rest of our days were spent together and apart, unfortunately he has a demanding work schedule. So during the days that he was at work I kept myself busy, including coloring pictures (ha ha).

One of my favorite days here was spent at the movies. We went and saw Wanderlust, which turned out to be a pretty bad movie, but we had such a fun day. We went to a great local Mexican restaurant for lunch, and we had time to kill before the movie so we had fun at the arcade in the theatre. 

That night, Jake took me fishing for my first time ever! We brought the dogs, and had a blast!
We went to a great little park like three minutes away from his apartment!

The next day was filled with running errands and preparing for Jake's new bedroom furniture! After it was delivered, we sorted and cleaned his room- and it really turned out great!

Again, sorry for the crappy phone quality! But this is the new furniture, he also got a media cabinet which you cannot see in the picture! He was very excited, it was cute. 

For the remainder of my time here, I have been relaxing and hanging out with Jake and his family. Jake's mom is a professional hairdresser, and we decided to dye my hair! I am a natural brunette, but I decided to go blondish! I was pretty excited, and I really love the outcome. 

Tonight is my last night :-( I'm bummed. But I am so thankful that I got to spend my spring break with my boyfriend, and I can't wait to come back! The quality time and warm weather were a welcomed change!